Monday, May 9, 2011

RuPaul's Drag Race finalist recalls Gay 90s past

The fabulous and funny Asian-American queen Manila Luzon, a finalist in the just-wrapped third season of drag queen reality show RuPaul's Drag Race, just revealed in a Huffington Post interview that she cut her teeth at none other than legendary Minneapolis gay club, the Gay 90s.

[Courtesy LOGO]

JG: What was your first drag performance? ML: I was a "booger," the house down! It was the amateur competition at the Gay 90s in Minneapolis. I was a busted mess dressed as Cruella De Ville; however, when you first start drag you really do believe that you are the most sickening thing on the planet and no one can come for you! It isn't until you've been doing it for years and have improved in the art of drag that you look back and realize how far you came! I cannot wait until I'm Raja's age looking back to my drag now! HA!

Via @ManilaLuzon

Submitted by @jahnapeloquin

No comments:

Post a Comment