Man walks into an Apple store to complain about his brand new iPhone 4. What is wrong with it? It keeps face-dialing any time It's held between man's ear and shoulder, which is OK if you are actually trying to make a call. If not, then it's not so great. Here's how the visit went. Read it and learn, in case you ever have to go yourself.
- Heading to the Apple Store to have them check out my iPhone 4 proximity sensor problems.
- My iPhone keeps face-dialing any time I use it held between my ear and shoulder.
- The Apple genius bar guy just watched me replicate the issue.
- Wow. Apple store just told me they can't help me with my brand new iPhone until Apple officially diagnoses the proximity sensor problem.
- They said I was probably holding my iPhone wrong. I've been holding phones for 28 years, so that's bullshit.
- The fact that I replicated the problem right at the Apple Store and still got turned away REALLY concerns me.
- Hey Apple, this is my SIXTH iPhone. I've held the other 5 correctly, so what makes the proximity sensor in this one so different?
- I'm also having the problem with dropping calls if I touch the phone without a case.
- Thanks for being patient with my rant. Must find comfort foods to quell my frustration. Who wants ice cream!?!
We do, we do!
Submitted by @marrina