Monday, September 13, 2010

Mary O'Regan checks in from NY Fashion Week

Although the impending MN Fashion Week is our No. 1 topic of interest this week, we certainly made time to check in on the local Tweeps attending the New York Fashion Week. Metro Magazine's Mary O'Regan has been tweeting diligently, as well as blogging and posting photos from the runway and beyond. On her newish blog, Art of Wore (love the name, btw!), Mary not only offers her thoughts on the fashions, but also general observations on other attendees, models, the infamous gift bags and of course, how difficult it is to walk in heels!

Here's a few abbreviated excerpts and a few pics. Read the rest on Mary's blog!

- I haven't seen any freakishly skinny models yet. I mean, they're all underweight like models are, but so far no on-her-deathbed physiques.

-The street fashion photographers are out in full force. I've been here 24 hours and have already been photographed four or five times. And I'm not wearing anything crazy!

- I ran into a fashion journalist I knew and she totally snubbed me! I asked her how she was doing and she just looked at me and turned away. Something about Fashion Week turns people bitchy.

- The five-inch heels I brought along aren't going to see the light of day. I've already almost snapped an ankle in some three-inchers. Not worth it.

- Not all gift bags are created equal.



Submitted by @marrina.

No comments:

Post a Comment