Thursday, January 7, 2010

Big Brother is watching....and scanning your license plates!

Attention peeps with more than five unpaid parking tickets! The Minneapolis police have invested in two expensive new gadgets that can scan your license plate and detect whether or not you've got a slew of unpaid parking tickets. If you've got more than five, along comes the tow truck to spirit away your ride to the impound lot.

LOL/OMG's own editor, Kate Iverson, is one of said offenders and paid the price, but not by getting towed (yet). Her LOL-worthy facebook status early this morning said this:

"The Minneapolis po-po and their new big brother-esque scanning device that detects unpaid parking tickets have caused me to throw out my back whilst trying to wrench my frozen garage door open so I could hide my car. The god damn GALL! Also, I think I need to go to the hospital."

So, either pay those tix or hide your ride, because the fuzz is onto you!

No comments:

Post a Comment